Product Design & Development Lead
Product Design & Development Lead (Full-Time, Minneapolis, MN)
About the Job
We’re looking for someone to lead our product development efforts on both new and existing products. The ideal candidate is very detail oriented, has strong communication skills and is a natural problem solver. As a growing apparel brand, we’re looking for new employees to take ownership over their role and have the potential to grow with us.
- Responsible for product creation and communication with our vendors from design hand-off through production.
- Create and revise tech packs throughout the development process.
- Understanding vendor capabilities, suggest adjustments and negotiate on costing.
- Provide technical solutions while considering design.
- Coordinate all sampling, fit sessions, PPS, TOP samples for fit, quality and construction details.
- Manages timing & action calendar for each season. Ensuring on-time deliveries for bulk production.
- Work directly with owners on design, development, sourcing and negotiating.
Must Have Qualifications
- 4 year degree in Textile Design, Fashion Merchandising, Design or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience in all categories of menswear including knits and wovens
- A minimum of 2 years experience in product development, design or production in garment manufacturing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of organization and a thorough understanding of apparel production.
- Sufficient in the Adobe suite and familiarity with patterning software.
- Job Type: Full-time, salaried
- Location: Our home office in Minneapolis, MN
- Timing: Immediate start date available
- Report To: Founder / Creative Director
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.